Brain Injury Care
In-Home Brain Injury & Tumor Care for Elderly and Seniors in Los Angeles, Brentwood, Santa Monica, Tarzana, San Marino, Burbank
When someone you love suffers a Traumatic Brain Injury, also known as an intracranial injury, it can cause mild to severe disability. A cerebral laceration, cerebral contusion, brain tumor or hemorrhage can affect their physical mobility, cognitive, memory and behavioral functions. Car accidents, sports injuries, falls in the home or an accident in the workplace can cause brain trauma that requires immediate medical attention.
People recovering at home from any type of Brain Injury or Trauma may need caregiving assistance for an extended period while undergoing rehabilitation and physical therapy.
Why choose A-1 Home Care Agency
For over 27 years, A-1 Home Care Agency has provided in-home Brain Injury & Trauma Care in Los Angeles County, Orange County, and San Gabriel Valley.
- State Licensed, Bonded and Insured Non-Medical Home Care Agency
- Vendor for Family Caregiver Resource Center in OC / St. Jude’s Hospital – MSSP
- Approved Vendor by Long-Term Care Insurance Companies
- Contracted Provider for Long Term Care Insurance Guild
- Approved Vendor for Veterans Aid and Attendance Pension Benefit Program
- Approved Vendor for Regional Center of Orange County
- Approved Vendor for Frank D. Lanterman Regional Center
- Partner of Citrus Valley Hospital for Medi-Care Bundle Payment Program
- Approved Vendor for Partners in Care Foundation – MSSP
- National Association for Home Care & Hospice (NAHC)
- Home Care Association of America (HCAOA)
- Member of American Care Management Association
- Member of American Board of Home Care
- Certified National Readmission Prevention Team
At A-1 Home Care Agency, we provide dedicated and compassionate Brain Injury & Trauma Care for those who need assistance with activities of daily living. If your loved one is recovering from surgery because of a malignant or benign brain tumor, our Brain Injury Caregivers can help your loved one’s recovery at home.
Our caregivers are experienced with caring for people of all ages who may experience ataxia (limited mobility or loss of control of bodily movement), memory loss, aphasia (inability to understand or express speech) and personality / emotional changes in addition to assisting with daily tasks:
- Personal Hygiene Assistance
- Incontinence Care / Toiletry Assistance
- Safety Supervision
- Medication Reminders
- Mobility Assistance
- Range of Motion
- Errand Assistance
- Meal Preparation
- After Surgery Care
- Bi-Polar / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Pain Management
- Disabilities and Special Needs
- Low Vision / Blindness
- Bathing and Tuck-In Services
We provide in-home care on a 24-Hour Live-In Care or Hourly Care basis. All of our Brain Injury Caregivers, Nurse Aides, Caregivers, Personal Care Assistants and Home Health Aides must:
- Be State Registered
- Have Minimum 2 Years’ Experience
- LiveScan Background Check
- DMV Driving Record Check
- Sex Offender Database Check
- Tuberculosis Test
- CPR and 1st Aide Certification
- Completed State Required Training
- Malpractice / Liability Insurance
- Interview with A-1 Home Care Agency Staff
If your loved one has Long Term Care Insurance (LTCI), we accept Penn Treaty, John Hancock, CALPERS, MetLife Insurance, Veteran Administration, Bankers’ Life & Casualty and others.
We are also approved by Worker’s Compensation Insurance Companies if the injury happened during work.
To interview and hire a compassionate Brain Injury Caregiver today, CALL us at (562) 929-8400, (949) 650-3800, or (626) 219-6440 for a FREE in-home assessment.