HOME CARE SERVICES AFTER A HEART ATTACK
POST HEART ATTACK IN-HOME CARE FOR SENIORS AND ELDERLY
When someone you love has had a heart attack, the risk of a second heart attack is greater because myocardial scarring of the heart muscle makes the heart permanently weaker. Following a healthier lifestyle by improving diet and exercise, quit smoking and taking prescribed long term medication can decrease the risk.
A-1 Home Care Agency is a non-medical homecare agency that specializes in compassionate Post Heart Attack Care for Elderly and Senior survivors. We can provide in-home care on a 24-Hour Live-In Care or Hourly Care basis and assist with tasks such as monitoring your loved one’s blood sugar or blood pressure before and after meals, assisting with daily exercise, and taking prescribed medications such as Aspirin, Metoprolol, or Spironolactone.
We can help improve the health of seniors and elderly with heart disease or those who’ve survived heart failure or are recovering from heart bypass surgery.
WHAT IS A HEART ATTACK:
Heart attacks, also known as Myocardial Infarctions, occur most commonly when the hardened plaque buildup in the wall of a coronary artery ruptures, creating a blood clot that impairs blood flow to the heart that damages or kills parts of the heart muscle of the artery. Old age, lifestyle choices such as smoking, and pre-existing medical conditions such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, chronic kidney disease, high blood pressure or obesity are high risk factors for heart attack.
COMPASSIONATE CAREGIVERS FOR HEART ATTACK SURVIVORS
We match your loved one with a compassionate and experienced Heart Attack Caregiver, Nurse Aide, Companion, Personal Care Attendant or Home Health Aide.
Having a professional care provider will speed your beloved family member’s recovery time after a heart attack and reduce the chances of a second.
Recommended for Those with Heart Disease:
- Eating a healthy diet low in salt and fat
- Daily exercise
- Stop smoking
- Take prescribed medications as scheduled
- Contact your doctor for symptoms such as new chest discomfort, dizziness, or leg swelling
- Caregivers and family can identify symptoms of shortness of breath, indigestion, or pain between the shoulder blades as warning signs of a possible heart attack
Care Providers can assist your senior or elderly loved one with:
All Activities of Daily Living:
- Personal Hygiene Assistance
- Incontinence Care / Toiletry Assistance
- Mobility Assistance
- Range of Motion
- Physical Therapy Exercises
- After Surgery / Post-Acute Care
- Safety Supervision
- Medication Reminders
- Errand Assistance
- Meal Preparation
ABOUT A-1 HOME CARE AGENCY
A-1 Home Care Agency has provided home care services for seniors and elderly in Los Angeles County, San Gabriel Valley and Orange County for 30 years.
We offer several payment options including private pay, Long Term Care Insurance, VA Aid and Attendance Benefit Program, Health Saving Accounts and Multiservice Senior Programs.
- State Licensed, Bonded and Insured Non-Medical Home Care Organization (HCO)
- Certified MediCare / MediCal Provider for Personal Care Services
- Vendor for Medi-Cal Waiver Programs
- Approved Vendor by Long-Term Care Insurance Companies
- Contracted Provider for Long Term Care Insurance Guild
- Approved Vendor for Veterans Aid and Attendance Pension Benefit Program
- Provider for Health Saving Accounts (HSA) Health Plans
- Service Provider for Senior Care Network / Huntington Hospital – MSSP
- Los Angeles Caregiver Resource Center – USC Davis – MSSP
- Approved Vendor for Partners in Care Foundation – MSSP
- Approved Agency for Family Caregiver Resource Center in OC / St. Jude’s Hospital – MSSP
- Respite Care Vendor by California Department of Developmental Services (DDS)
- Frank D. Lanterman Regional Center Provider
- Regional Center of Orange County Provider
- North Los Angeles Regional Center Provider
- Member of American Board of Home Care (ABHC)
- National Association for Home Care & Hospice (NAHC)
- Home Care Association of America (HCAOA)
- Member of American Care Management Association (ACMA)
- Alzheimer’s Association Member
- Member of America’s Choice Provider Network (ACPN)
- Workers Compensation Approved Provider
To hire a compassionate caregiver in your area, CALL us at (562) 929-8400, (949) 650-3800 or (877) 929-8499 today!