TRANSITIONAL IN HOME CARE
What is Transitional Care?
Transitional Care is the coordination between different care facilities to provide a better continuum of care. Healthcare settings include:
- Hospital and Medical Center
- Primary care center, place of surgical care
- Secondary Care Location when Discharged
- Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF)
- Convalescent / Nursing Home
- Assisted Living Facility
- Personal Home / Residence
- Home Health Agency (HHA)
- Visiting Nurses. RNs and LVNs, perform certain tasks in your home;
- Health Checks
- Wound Care
- Physical Therapy
- Arranged by medical center to assist in patient’s recovery
- Home Care Organization (HCO)
- Personal care services at home using:
- Nurse Aides
- Home Health Aides
- Personal Care Assistants
Transitional care recognizes your care needs change over the course of recovering from an acute
or chronic condition and strive to follow a Care Plan that best suits your needs.
The main goal is to provide the best care that you need to fully recover and maintain your health
instead of being readmitted to a medical center.
Transitional In-Home Care Reduces Hospital Readmissions
There have been many changes in the health care industry in the last few years. The main
difference is shifting focus from care provided within a strictly medical environment, such as a
hospital, convalescent / nursing home or skilled nursing facility.
People recover better in the comfort or their own homes but it’s important they have the
professional care and assistance needed so they don’t need to be readmitted to a hospital.
Transitional Care from Hospital to Home.
Studies by Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS Hospital Readmission) show about
30% of elderly or senior patients are readmitted to a hospital within 30 days of being discharged
This is due to the focus of care being on the patient “in the moment” instead of a long-term care
plan. It’s been proven that looking at a “Patient’s health and progress as a whole” lowers the
chances of a patient relapsing and having to return for another hospital stay.
Having professional, experienced home care services helps your loved one transition from a
medical facility to a loving home environment successfully.
Our Transitional Care Services
A-1 Home Care Agency helps with all essential, non-medical issues you need for a speedy and
complete recovery, at home. To recover from illness or surgery, it’s important that you maintain
personal hygiene, eat nutritious meals – not convenient fast food or TV dinners, live in a clean
environment, sleep in sanitary bed linens, attend follow up doctor’s appointments and take
prescribed medication as schedule.
We work with your Medical Healthcare Team and follow your Care Plan, providing what your
body needs to recover and a shoulder to lean on so you can rest and concentrate on healing.
We are trusted by many reputable medical centers and health facilities for our excellent and
affordable elderly and senior care, after surgery care and post-stroke recovery assistance.
- City of Hope
- Downey Community Health Center
- Adventist Health Glendale
- Hoag Hospital
- Huntington Beach Hospital
- Huntington Memorial Hospital
- Kaiser Permanente
- Keck Medicine of USC
- Lakewood Regional Medical Center
- Little Company of Mary
- Long Beach MemorialCare Medical Center
- Optum / Healthcare Partners
- PIH Health Whittier Hospital
- Rancho Los Amigos National Rehab Center
- Southland Care Center
- St. Mary’s Medical Center
- Whittier Hospital Medical Center
Call A-1 Home Care today to arrange Transitional Care for a loved one.
Los Angeles County
San Gabriel Valley