MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS IN HOME CARE
IN HOME CAREGIVERS FOR PEOPLE WITH MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS (MS)
In Home Caregivers provide high quality supportive services to disabled, handicapped and ill seniors, elderly and young adults diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. A knowledgeable and experienced Caregiver can improve the comfort and quality of life for anyone with mobility limitations, pain issues and serious health conditions.
Our professional and compassionate Caregivers, Nurse Aides, Home Health Aides and Personal Care Attendants assist your loved one on a 24-Hour Live-In Care or Hourly Care schedule based on your family’s specific needs. We customize our in-home care services to the individual person’s Care Plan.
You can have peace of mind knowing that your loved one has the support and assistance they need when you’re not able to be with them. Our caregivers work to ensure your loved one’s safety and well-being while helping them remain as independent as possible.
All Care Providers are carefully screened before being matched with your family.
- Be State Registered
- Have Minimum 2 Years’ Experience
- Test Negative for Covid-19
- LiveScan Background Check
- DMV Driving Record Check
- Sex Offender Database Check
- Tuberculosis Test
- CPR and 1st Aid Certification
- Completed State Required Training
- Malpractice / Liability Insurance
- Interview with A-1 Home Care Agency Staff
IN HOME CARE SERVICES FOR MS PATIENTS
Our in home caregivers can assist Multiple Sclerosis (MS) patients with personal care services such as:
- Personal Hygiene / Bathing Assistance
- Incontinence Care / Toiletry Assistance
- Medication Reminders
- Mobility Assistance
- Transferring from Bed to Chair
- Range of Motion
- Physical Therapy Exercises
- Errand Assistance
- Meal Preparation
- Safety Supervision and Fall Prevention
- Assistance for Low Vision / Visual Impairment
- Pain Management
Having one-on-one assistance for activities of daily living and a caring companion helps your loved one live life to the fullest. In Home Care Services helps them to work, socialize and ne as active as they like, safely.
WHAT IS MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS?
According to the Mayo Clinic, Multiple Sclerosis (MS) is a disease that affects the nervous system (brain and spinal cord). MS is caused when the immune system attacks the myelin, the sheath that protects nerve fibers. This damages the communication between the brain and the rest of the body. There is no cure, and the disease causes permanent and progressive deterioration of the nerves.
Symptoms depend on which nerves and the extent they are damaged so vary widely between individuals. Some people diagnosed with MS will have long periods of remission, showing no or few symptoms while others may endure constant symptoms and lose the ability to walk unaided.
Signs and Symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis:
- Numbness, tingling sensation of “pins and needles” in extremities
- Weakness in one or more limbs, alternating between sides of your body, or your legs and trunk
- Sensations of electric shock when you move your neck, especially in a forward motion (chin to chest)
- Tremors, lack of coordination or unsteady gait
Visual Problems or Changes:
- Partial or complete loss of vision in one eye
- Pain during eye movement
- Prolonged double vision
- Blurry vision
Other Symptoms May Include:
- Slurred speech
- Fatigue, tiredness
- Dizziness, vertigo
- Pain in parts of your body
- Problems with bowel and bladder function
If you suspect you may have Multiple Sclerosis, see your doctor right away. Your physician can create a Plan of Care, including treatment options, therapy and medications to help manage your symptoms and pain.
You may also be eligible for resources such as home care services, physical therapy and medical equipment.
A-1 Home Care Agency works with your Care Plan and offers flexible schedules on an hourly or 24-hour, live in basis. We provide personal care and emotional support to individuals of all ages living with severe health conditions or who are disabled or handicapped.
ABOUT A-1 HOME CARE AGENCY
We’ve been helping seniors, elderly, adults and children living in Los Angeles County, San Gabriel Valley, Orange County and the South Bay Areas since 1991.
Our State Licensed Home Care Organization is approved by Long Term Care Insurance Companies, Health Saving Accounts, Medicare / Medi-Cal and the VA. Medical staff, Social Workers and Case Managers working at various medical centers refer their patients to A-1 Home Care Agency, knowing we’ll provide excellent care at reasonable rates.
- State Licensed, Bonded and Insured Non-Medical Home Care Organization (HCO)
- Certified MediCare / MediCal Provider for Personal Care Services
- Vendor for Medi-Cal Waiver Programs
- Approved Vendor by Long-Term Care Insurance Companies
- Contracted Provider for Long Term Care Insurance Guild
- Approved Vendor for Veterans Aid and Attendance Pension Benefit Program
- Provider for Health Saving Accounts (HSA) Health Plans
- Respite Care Vendor by California Department of Developmental Services (DDS)
- Frank D. Lanterman Regional Center Provider
- Regional Center of Orange County Provider
- North Los Angeles Regional Center Provider
- Service Provider for Senior Care Network / Huntington Hospital – MSSP
- Los Angeles Caregiver Resource Center – USC Davis – MSSP
- Approved Vendor for Partners in Care Foundation – MSSP
- Approved Agency for Family Caregiver Resource Center in OC / St. Jude’s Hospital – MSSP
- Member of American Board of Home Care (ABHC)
- National Association for Home Care & Hospice (NAHC)
- Home Care Association of America (HCAOA)
- Member of American Care Management Association (ACMA)
- Alzheimer’s Association Member
CALL to hire a compassionate caregiver in your area today:
Los Angeles County (562) 929-8400
Orange County (949) 650-3800
San Gabriel Valley (877) 929-8499