POST STROKE IN HOME CARE
In Home Post Stroke Care
If your loved one has had a stroke, they may need in home post stroke care to fully recover. Having professional transitional care services when discharged from the hospital ensures consistency of care. Experienced in home care agencies work with your family member’s Care Team to develop the Post Stroke Care Plan that’s best for them.
A-1 Home Care Agency provides compassionate in-home Post Stroke Care for Elders and Seniors who are home from the hospital or rehabilitation center but still need help recovering full mobility. Our Caregivers, Nurse Aides, Home Health Aides and Personal Care Attendtants can provide care on a 24-Hour, Live-In Care or Hourly Care basis.
We are experienced with Long Term Care Insurance (LTCI) and the Aid and Attendance Pension Benefit Program through the Veteran Administration (VA). This program is designed to help eligible war-time Veterans with the cost of Non-Medical Home Care Services. If your loved one is a Veteran, please click here to see if they qualify.
Stroke Recovery – At Home Supportive Care
At home supportive care helps your Elderly or Senior loved one with stroke recovery. Depending on what side of the brain the stroke takes place, strokes can cause a combination of neurological disorders:
- Mobility issues due to partial paralysis
- Speech / language problems
- Changes in behavior / temperament
- Memory loss / Confusion
- Vision loss
If the stroke occurs in the brain stem, it can result in the stroke patient becoming “locked-in”, unable to move or speak.
We know every person will have different needs and preferences. Depending on the severity of the stroke, your loved one may only need basic in home supportive care such as assistance with bathing and dressing. Since strokes can cause the person to become more inquisitive and impulsive, they may need safety supervision. In Home Supportive Care is customized to provide the stroke recovery your loved one needs.
In Home Caregiver Services for Stroke Patients
In Home Caregivers, Home Health Aides, Nurse Aides and Personal Care Attendants from our Home Care Organization (HCO) are experienced and carefully screened to provide the best services for stroke patients.
In Home Services for Stroke Recovery Include:
- Personal Bathing / Hygiene
- Grooming / Dressing Assistance
- Incontinence Care / Toiletry Assistance
- Safety Supervision
- Mobility / Walking Assistance
- Lifting / Transferring from Wheelchair to Bed
- Range of Motion Exercises
- Physical and Speech Therapy Exercises
- Memory Care
- Pain Management
- Errand Assistance
- Medication Reminders
- Meal Planning and Preparation
- Low Vision / Blindness
We carefully screen all care providers and match your family with a compassionate and reliable in-home caregiver experienced in caring for stroke patients.
All Care Providers Must:
- Be State Registered
- Have Minimum 2 Years’ Experience
- Test Negative for Covid-19
- LiveScan Background Check
- DMV Driving Record Check
- Sex Offender Database Check
- Tuberculosis Test
- CPR and 1st Aid Certification
- Completed State Required Training
- Malpractice / Liability Insurance
- Interview with A-1 Home Care Agency Staff
- 30 years’ experience helping people in Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley
- State Licensed, Bonded and Insured Non-Medical Home Care Organization (HCO)
- Certified MediCare / MediCal Provider for Personal Care Services
- Vendor for Medi-Cal Waiver Programs
- Approved Vendor by Long-Term Care Insurance Companies
- Contracted Provider for Long Term Care Insurance Guild
- Approved Vendor for Veterans Aid and Attendance Pension Benefit Program
- Provider for Health Saving Accounts (HSA) Health Plans
- Respite Care Vendor by California Department of Developmental Services (DDS)
- Frank D. Lanterman Regional Center Provider
- Regional Center of Orange County Provider
- North Los Angeles Regional Center Provider
- Los Angeles Caregiver Resource Center – USC Davis – MSSP
- Approved Vendor for Partners in Care Foundation – MSSP
- Approved Agency for Family Caregiver Resource Center in OC / St. Jude’s Hospital – MSSP
- Member of American Board of Home Care (ABHC)
- National Association for Home Care & Hospice (NAHC)
- Home Care Association of America (HCAOA)
- Member of American Care Management Association (ACMA)
- Alzheimer’s Association Member
- Workers Compensation Approved Provider
Home Care Agency for After Stroke Care
A-1 Home Care Agency provides After Stroke Care to elderly and seniors recovering from paralysis and neurological damage.
We are trusted and referred by Rancho Los Amigos National Rehabilitation Center, St. Elizabeth Healthcare, Hoag Hospital, PIH Health, Kaiser Permanente, Adventist Health Glendale, Huntington Beach Hospital, Keck Medicine of USC, Long Beach MemorialCare, Lakewood Regional Medical Center and many others.
Why Choose A-1 Home Care Agency:
Call A-1 Home Care Agency for a compassionate caregiver in your area today!
Los Angeles 562-929-8400
Orange County 949-650-3800
San Gabriel Valley 877-929-8499